Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Joy of Carrying

Today's the first day I carried Kayli! In fact, today is the first day I ever carried a baby! YESSS! I tell you, it's an awesome feeling. At first, I was really scared to carry her because I've never carried any baby before. All this while I had been putting it off, giving excuses that I couldn't carry her. However, I told myself today that I had to carry her. She's already one month old, shame on me if I haven't even carried my niece once!

Really, I felt really happy having her in my arms. She was awake for a while, her eyes so small and innocent. Really struck a chord in me. I guess I'm a sucker for cuteness. And I'm pretty sure she was really comfortable in my arms because after a short while, she went to sleep. It's really interesting to see her sleep because she looks so peaceful, oblivious to anything that's happening around.

I carried her for about 10 mins or so, before handing her over to my mom, who for some reason, always wants to carry her. Guess she is just overjoyed at being a grandmother. Even so, because her first grand child is a girl. You see, in my family, all of us are boys except our mom. So, having a girl in the family is a really special treat. I am SO sure she's going to be the centre of attraction for a very very long time.

All in all, this phrase that I'll take for today is this: (while carrying Kayli in my arms) "As long as she doesn't cry, everything is ok." Indeed, she never cried when she was in my arms. Wonderful.

No comments: